Eating Disorders Information
National Eating Disorders
- This organization is dedicated to
providing education, resources and
support to those affected by eating
disorders. Whether you are an individual
living with an eating disorder, a family
member or friend looking to offer
support to a loved one, or a treatment
professional looking to help others
contact NEDA to address your needs.
Association of Anorexia Nervosa and
Associated Eating Disorders (ANAD)
- This non-profit organization has
been dedicated to the prevention and
alleviation of eating disorders since
1976. Find information help and
opportunities to get involved.
The Elisa Project
- Founded in 1999,
this non-profit organization is
dedicated to the prevention and
treatment of eating disorders through
support, awareness, education, and
- Something Fishy is a website dedicated
to raising awareness and providing support to people with Eating Disorders, and their loved-ones.
The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness
- The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness was created as a source of community outreach,
education, awareness, and prevention of the various eating disorders. The Alliance offers various
programs and services nationwide. They also advocate for change in mental health/eating disorders legislation.
Binge Eating Disorder Association
- Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA) was founded to help those who have binge eating disorder, their
friends and family, and those who treat the disorder. BEDA provides individuals who suffer from binge
eating disorder with the recognition and resources they deserve to begin a safe journey toward a healthy recovery.
The National Association for Males with Eating Disorders
- The National Association for Males with Eating Disorders (NAMED) is exclusively dedicated to representing and
providing support to males with eating disorders. They offer information and resources about and support to this
underrepresented population and their families.
Depression and Anxiety Resources
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) features the latest information on mental health illnesses,
medication, and treatment and resources for support and advocacy. Other features include online discussion groups
and fact sheets. More...
- The National Institute of Mental Health
- The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is the largest research organization in the world that focuses
on mental health diseases. The NIMH web site provides in-depth information and the latest findings on topics ranging
from anxiety, ADHD, and autism to OCD, panic disorder, and depression. More...
- The Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- The Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) provides hope, help, support, and education to improve the lives
of people who have mood disorders. More...
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychiatric Association is an organization of psychiatrists who unite to guarantee compassionate care
and effective treatment for all people with behavioral and mental disorders, substance abuse problems, and mental
retardation. Links from this web site will provide you more information about common mental health problems,
medication options, and prevention steps. More...